There is a certain fascination Life holds; defined in a splash of colours of despair, faith, love, conflict, happiness and a sense of awareness. My Life is a maze, a tangled web of emotions, thoughts and feelings I write so I can breathe. I am not at the end of my journey. Each passing moment is a journey in itself. My writings reflect my journey and I share my life through this. A gypsy through Life, my journey is endless, my day here, a pause, before I become aware of what more...

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Something Positive

A friend of mine said to me, right at the beginning of the year, on the first day, "I want you to write something positive." It has taken me twenty-two days to get to the point when I have sat down to write something positive and here I am wondering where to begin.

You see, being positive is not a festive date or an occasion. It is a constant state of wrangling yourself out of some chaos or the other on a regular basis, daily, hourly, what have you. With a person like me, it might be something even more frequent. Being positive requires a stubborn attitude to insist on finding the up-side in everything that we do. You may lose faith in a lot of things but as long as you believe in the fact that you are a single masterpiece and there is no other quite like you in this world, you will do just fine. That, my friend, is the belief that you have in being YOU. 

We are such pretenders, all of us, well...mostly. We want to be an ideal person (or appear to be)...a daughter, a son, a brother, a sister, a wife, a husband (o ye married lot)....the list is endless. We strive to be all that. In the journey, you forget that being YOU is really what you need to be...everything else will fall in place, the way it is meant to be. Dare to have honesty with yourself and stop pretending to be someone you are not. That will fade, ever so quickly and heck, who wants to live a lie and be afraid of being caught? Not me. 

I do not have that much time in the world. I want it all. All or nothing. I live with passion and I know it is a big deal. Make it your big deal. Find what works for you. Find your passion and see the aura of its positive energy draw people to you. Make that tiny step to being you. YOU. 

Copyright@Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Nice Sandy. It does take a lot of courage and faith to just be yourself. We always judge ourselves through the other person's eyes.I listen to this song " Eagle" by ABBA everyday. It says I believe I can fly. Yes constant belief that you can dream to become what you want is what I follow.Yes being with positive people also helps.Loving your job too. Make what works for and it gives you that glow in spite of it all!!

    ReplyDelete