There is a certain fascination Life holds; defined in a splash of colours of despair, faith, love, conflict, happiness and a sense of awareness. My Life is a maze, a tangled web of emotions, thoughts and feelings I write so I can breathe. I am not at the end of my journey. Each passing moment is a journey in itself. My writings reflect my journey and I share my life through this. A gypsy through Life, my journey is endless, my day here, a pause, before I become aware of what more...

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Of Masks and Love

Sometimes, it is just one of those days when you want to write, there is a lot to say and words fail you. Perhaps, today is such a day. When one looks at it, there is nothing unusual about it. It's the same early morning noise, the same sun trying to get scorching hot as the hours pass by, the same birds, trees, sounds of people at work, noise, conversations, calls. 

Yet, it is a unique day because this day will not come back again. We all sleep at night, hopeful and positive about life. Yes, despite the pessimism in our hearts sometimes. Of course! You sleep, making commitments for the next day, setting up your alarm to wake up the next day. That is hope. That is faith in the air you are breathing, knowing there is another day ahead of you. 

As the day goes by, we have our moments of being courageous, of being loving, of being kind, of being our own person before everything surrounding us begins to push us to wear the mask. The mask of being a father, a mother, a son, a daughter...whoever. We keep flipping each mask, becoming who someone else wants us to be.  The best miracle ever in a day is when we have less masks to wear I think. 

If someone were to tell me, "I don't wear masks", that would be the biggest self-deceit you can subject yourself to. I also know, the only time those masks come undone is when you find someone who loves you for who you are, just the way you are and doesn't judge you for it. That is the biggest miracle. We all come undone with love. What a beautiful experience that is. That utter joy inside out is the best moment of our lives. 

At the end of the day, it all boils down to love. When you break it all down, it all boils down to love. 

Copyright@Sandy2013

2 comments: